Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

DARREN BENT’S BESPOKE UMBRO SPECIALI BOOTS

Darren Bent is yet to change to the new Umbro Speciali 3 and looks as though he will wait a bit longer after Umbro presented him with a bespoke pair of Speciali R boots. Aston Villa travel to the Emirates on Sunday to face Arsenal in the FA Cup 4th round. The England striker has scored 99 Premier League goals and to celebrate Umbro have produced a limited number of yellow/purple boots.
umbro-speciali-r-darren-bent

Ahead of the game, Darren Bent spoke about his boots and closing in on 100 Premier League goals.
You’ll be debuting these boots in a big game at the weekend, are you looking forward to the game at Arsenal?
‘Yeah, it should be a good game. I wasn’t involved in the game earlier this season, but I was at the last one down at the Emirates and it was a good game. Being an Arsenal fan as well, it’s always nice to play against them, but hopefully we’ll beat them!
The FA Cup is a special competition, and if you can beat Arsenal on the way, then it’d be even better. Beating Arsenal wouldn’t make it any easier though – that’s the magic of the FA Cup, that you can play any team and everyone just grows in stature. It doesn’t matter what division you’re in, anyone can beat anyone, it’s just about producing the goods on the day. If you don’t do that, then you’re out!
Winning the FA Cup would be a massive thing for Villa, we’re a massive, massive club and they should be winning trophies. If we could win the FA Cup, which is such a big prize, it’d be great for all the fans, and there’s no reason why we couldn’t do it.’
umbro-speciali-r-yellow-purple
These special boots are a bit colourful, is that what you were looking for?
‘Yeah! I’ve always wanted some boots that are a bit more out-there, and Umbro have certainly produced the goods with these ones. I’m looking forward to wearing them! Umbro boots have always been really comfortable, they’re probably the most comfortable boots out there, and then they’ve done this yellow and purple colourway just for me, and they look fantastic, so I’m really pleased. With the colours, I just liked the look of them, I liked how out-there they are. You can’t sit on the fence with these ones.
The boots have also come at a great time as you’re close to getting 100 Premier League goals. Were you aware that you’re close to joining a very special group of players?
darren-bent-umbro-speciali-r
‘Yeah, it’s always been an aim of mine, to get in the Premier League 100 club, it takes some doing and there’s some absolutely class players in there. Alan Shearer, Robbie Fowler, Thierry Henry, these are all people that I regard as the best to ever play in the league. I’m on 99 at the moment, so I’m just looking for one more, hopefully I’ll get one off my shin or anything, just so I can be part of that. Once I get in there I’ll just be looking to get more as well. If I could get to 150 and beyond I’d be so happy.’
Obviously if you keep scoring goals, you could be part of the England squad at the Euros this summer. Have you thought about that yet at all?
‘I’m just concentrating on the cup and the league to be honest, because I’ve been in a similar position before, and all I can do is focus on what I do and play as well as I can for Villa, and if I got to go to the Euros with England I’d be delighted.’
umbro-speciali-r-bent
Umbro have done some special boots for you before, when you were the first player to have their Twitter name on their boots. How does it feel to be a trendsetter?
‘Nice! As long as people know that I was the first person to do it that’s cool, it’s all good fun. Trendsetter, I like that!’

No comments:

Post a Comment